December 19, 2004

7 down, 1 to go!

It's hard to believe that there's only one semester left in my college career! The years have gone really fast... lots of things have happened, blah blah! I'm looking forward to this last semester and everything that's coming with it, but I'm also going to be sad to leave good ol' Westminny.

This week in broadcasting wasn't very full. No radio shifts, no County Lines, no news meetings... a little sad. We went out 2 Thursdays ago to celebrate the last County Line. We also went to happy hour on Friday for capstone. It was a little sad because only Mr. Weaver, Tandi, Sarah, Sebas and I went. 4 out of 10 was kinda lame, but at least we know who the hardcore ones are, haha! It was a good time! Looking forward to next semester!

The career and job hunt was in full force this past week. Since I didn't have many finals I was set on getting all of my radio resume tapes finished and sending some out. On Friday I sent out packages to KissFM in Jamestown, NY for a morning show host position, and to Wish 99.7 in Pittsburgh for a part time on-air job. It's my first "real" applications, so I'm anxious to see what type of response I get back. I'd love to hear some feedback, regardless of whether it's good or bad. I plan on applying to ChannelOne news while I'm at home, and then putting my TV resume tape together as soon as I get back to school. It's go time!

On a personal update, I'm going to visit friends in both New York City and New Jersey after the first of the year. I've made arrangements to stay w/ a few friends in NYC so that I could see the city like someone who lives there, not so much a tourist. I am also going to meet with a friend of the family who used to work for Katie Couric and SNL and now works for Jane Pauley. After NYC I'm headed to Princeton, NJ to visit with 2004 grad Amanda Oliveri at her promotions job w/ Nasau Broadcasting. I'm VERY excited for the trip, and I'm also traveling on my own which should be a great experience.

I hope everyone has a great holiday! I'm sure I'll update the blog a few times over break!