August 15, 2005

What a scorcher!

It has been over 100 degrees with the heat index for the past few days here in New York... Very uncomfortable! But luckily we got some heavy storms which cooled things down a bit. Hopefully the weather will stay in the 80s for a while! Good thing I have air conditioning!

I've done some cool stuff in the past week! Besides giving the usual 8000 (estimate) tours in a week, I got to see some really awesome people! Tandi Lane, Sarah Bowers, and Melissa Batulis came into town on Saturday and I got to see them for a little bit! It was really cool to catch up with them and have some WC/BC bonding! Being with them made me feel like I was back at home, even though we were sitting at Rockefeller Center. It was a much-needed visit! Unfortunately it was short because I had to bus to catch, but that was because I also went to Philadelphia to visit my friend Matthew, who just moved there for law school in the Fall. It was a nice visit, despite the fact that our bus broke down halfway there! (You can't beat a $20 Chinatown bus!) It was a nice weekend!

Work is going really well! Again- tours are tours... they're only as fun as you make it, so I gotta make 'em fun! I am finally eligible for assignments. We had a few open up, but I applied for Weekend Today production. If I get it I will be be a production assistant for the show and do things like research stories, write, and come up with topics. I'll also get to attend the weekly news meeting to decide what stories we will cover. I miss news meetings! *nerd alert* I'll let you know if I get it!

The apartment search is toned down for now, but I'm still looking. Nothing major to report.

Celeb sightings were down this week, but still fun! Last week I saw Rob Schneider (Deuce Bigelow, SNL), and today I saw Joel Goddard (announcer for Late Night w/ Conan O'Brien) and got a "Hey there!" from the Nightly News man himself, Brian Williams. We're friends now!