March 7, 2007

Why I Blog

I started my blog in the summer of 2004. The original concept was to write a blog entry once a week detailing my senior year of college and what I was doing in preparation for graduation and "the real world." We had a class senior year called Capstone that was comprised of us 10 broadcast communications majors. Each week we had to update our blogs about a specific topic and also update everyone on what we were working on.

We invited our friends and families to read our blogs to stay up-to-date on what we were doing. I've always been interested in writing and found the blog to be a great way to keep up my craft and creatively write at the same time. My blog entries tended to be very family-oriented and PG, because I knew who my main readers were.

Three years later I'm still writing in my blog, but the focus has definitely changed. It was really fun for me to blog about my college career and my steps towards my goals. It was fun for my to chronicle my days as an NBC Page and all of the amazing opportunities that came along with it. Now that I'm out there and working for larger companies I'm not really ethically allowed to blog about what I do on a day-to-day basis, so the focus must shift onto things that I'm observing in the world around me.

I'm going to try to incorporate more media into my blog, like more photos and video. I hope that everyone continues to read and take away something entertaining from each post. Thanks for the support!