April 9, 2007

The Lottery Ladies

Happy Monday, everyone! Hope you had a joyous Easter or Passover or whatever holiday you may have celebrated this weekend. Did the bunny bring you anything good? How was all that matza? We'll talk about that later...

I'd like to bring attention to something that is near and dear to my (and my roommate's) heart; the lottery! I don't actually play, but I do enjoy screaming my predictions at the screen just before the numbers are drawn. There is something much more exciting about the lotto, though... Every night between Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune the lovely ladies of the New York State Lottery grace us with their presence and flamboyant introduction skills. Each night a different lady enthusiastically declares her arrival before giving the winning digits for the evening. There are several different ladies that present the numbers, but only two of them stand out to me.

The first is Kristen Olby who (according to the NY Lottery website) "is a native of the Albany area who has extensive experience working in front of the camera. She is a full-time student pursuing a Master's degree in Childhood Education. She enjoys traveling the state on behalf of the Lottery and meeting lots of new faces!" Adorable! The thing that I like the most about Kristen is the way she so eloquently reminds us that the results are being monitored by an auditor from KPMG. *sizzle*

I will have to say that my personal favorite is the Latina firecracker, Yolanda Vega! This sassy lady makes you forget that you're watching ping pong balls with numbers on them pop out of a machine... if only for a moment. Yolanda didn't always have the successful television career that she has today... oh no! Before crushing the dreams of hopeful ticket buyers nightly, Yolanda "work[ed] as an accountant at a bagel company... and was as a clerk at a dry cleaning store." Who knew?! I can't really explain Yolanda's enthusiastic style in writing, so check out a clip of her performance below.

Best of luck, lotto players!


Related Things: