September 5, 2008

Topanga's New Gig: The Dish

I first heard rumblings that Topanga from Boy Meets World (real name Danielle Fishel) was hosting a new show on the Style Network a few weeks ago. I heard the show was called The Dish and that's pretty much all I knew about it. Now, I'm not a huge watcher of Style, but I do know that every single time I flip past it (channel 118 on Time Warner digital cable) they are running an episode of Clean House, or maaaaaybe that weird Instant Beauty Pageant show if I'm lucky.

On a side note: Why must all of the hosts of Clean House always be slightly unfortunate? Why?! I'm sure there are more put-together wannabe hosts out there!

Anyway, back to the issue... This past weekend in between episodes of said shows I caught Fishel and The Dish and was pleasantly surprised! If you haven't seen the show for yourself, it's basically just a rip-off/spin-off of E!'s The Soup for people who have lady parts. The show features clips from reality shows, news segments and home shopping networks with a focus on style, fashion and celebrity. Fishel does a surprisingly great job of keeping the rhythm and joke-style of The Soup without looking like she's completely copying. I think she's actually kinda funny and it's refreshing to see a normal-ish looking girl hosting a show about fashion and beauty. Plus, she isn't afraid to make fun of herself from time to time.

Check out this clip of Fishel hosting The Dish:



I mean, she's no Joel McHale, but I think she holds her own. Just thought you might want to check it out! The Dish airs Saturdays at 10pm on the Style Network.

Related Things: