October 24, 2008

Sesame Street: Grover the Waiter

I was peeking around Hulu.com this morning and was excited to see that they are now hosting old clips from everyone's favorite kiddie show Sesame Street. As I was skimming through the videos I was drawn to the clip of "Grover and the Alphabet Soup." Does anyone else remember Grover as the forgetful waiter serving the disgruntled business man lunch? Check out the clip:



Sesame Street is now in its 39th season (holy crap!), and the first installment of Grover as a waiter appeared way back in season three. I remember watching this as a wee tike, but I can watch with a whole new appreciation now. From going back and watching these I've realized that Muppets are always funny, Grover is a really great antagonist, and most importantly... that business Muppet is a dick.

Grab your sippy cup and dunkaroos and watch the rest of the clips:









"More Spaghetti" is my favorite!

Related Things: