October 2, 2008

The Vice Presidential Debate

I'm writing this post about halfway through the VP debates.

Let me say this before I take my opinions to my blog and everyone starts slamming on me: I admit that I am not the most politically-educated person around. I don't know everything there is to know about the government and politics, but unfortunately I think most of America is that way. I'm watching Biden and Palin debate right now, and I just want to share my thoughts as I watch because I am home alone and have no one to share them with!

First off, I really wish that the candidates would focus on what they are going to do, not what their opponent is going to do/not do. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who feels this way.

Watching Palin debate makes me want to pull my hair out. I've yelled out several times during the event.

I won't lie. I kinda like Palin and the energy she brings to this campaign. She's brought every single person's attention to her and therefore to the election. I don't agree with anything she believes in or says, but I like her because... well... I guess I have sympathy for her.

In my opinion, she is a hometown politician who was able to wink and baby-kiss her way into office in Alaska. I'm sure she's done a fine job up there, a stone's throw away from Russia, but I can't believe how unprepared she is to be under the national microscope. I feel bad!

She's not answering the questions that are asked of her, she is barely presenting any facts or actual figures, and she wouldn't know how to end a sentence out of a wet paper bag... or something. You think she would have more specifics prepared since when Katie Couric asked her what publications she's read she said "all of 'em."

She also keeps saying "nu-cu-ler" instead of "nu-cle-ar"
and I mean, we see how that went for the last 8 years.

The comparison has already been made, but I feel like Sarah Palin is just like Miss South Carolina Teen USA. I feel like she's been cramming important names, numbers and figures for the last 48 hours, and keeps spewing them out in random without actually listening to what she's saying! I have been waiting to hear about "US Americans" and "the Iraq" all night. I'm glad she is concerned with foreign policy, the greed on Wall Street, the corruption in Washington, the economy, the environment, health care and Iraq but she can't just string them all together without using punctuation and expect us to give her our vote.

Everyone's expectations, including myself, for Palin were the lowest of low and she still effed it up.

Biden is owning.