February 25, 2009

Embarrassing Yearbook Photos: Eighth Grade

Hair! Be free of your gel-bound clutches! Blow free in the breeze!

Here's my eighth grade yearbook photo. Again... looking more and more like my present-day self.



The hair may have been a less-gelled version of its former seventh grade self, but it was still styled to perfection. You may not be able to tell from this photo, but I had the sharpest part this side of the Mississip. The amount of time I used to spend each morning trying to get that perfect part could have added up to months of extra sleep (I woke up at 5:38am every day for school) during my eighth grade year.

5:30am sounds ridiculously early to get up for school (and it was) but school started at 7:29am, and was about 20-25 minutes away from my house. The bus picked us up at 6:38am every morning. Don't ask me how I remember that. Who in the world decided that teenagers should be forced to function, let alone to do school work, at 7:30 in the morning? Have you MET a teenager before?!

I always thought it was ridiculous that high schoolers started class at 7:30am and Kindergartners started at 9:30am. Don't administrators know that it's the little kids that are already up at 6am and bouncing off the walls? I know it has some crap to do with after-school activities and such, but let's be realistic. Giving me an algebra class at 7:30am in the morning didn't benefit anyone.