April 5, 2009

More Things from Rock Fashion Week

This is about a week overdue, but I thought I'd share a few more items from my trip to Miami last weekend for Rock Fashion Week. I saw a lot of runway shows while I was there, but only a few really stuck out as excellent. I already wrote about collections from Abi Ferrin and Richie Rich but two of my favorites came on the final night.

Argyleculture from Russell Simmons was a mens line that was really preppy and sharp (who says sharp?) I really liked the pairing of really great suits with sneakers and other casual elements. Check out the full collection and a video of the finale walk...

Argyleculture Fall 2009 Collection


Argyleculture Finale Walk


The Fall 2009 collection for Monarchy closed out the last night and was by far my favorite show of the weekend. The mens and womens clothes were cool, professional and just funky enough to stand out from similar lines. Designer Eric Kim wonderfully blended textures and patterns like leather, plaids and knits into looks that you'd expect to see anywhere from the set of Gossip Girl to the streets to a fox hunt in the English countryside. Check out the full collection and the finale walk...

Monarchy Fall 2009 Collection


Monarchy Finale Walk


There's a slideshow of my favorite looks from Rock Fashion Week on iVillage.com if you need a quick synopsis. Any of the looks stand out to you? Leave a comment!