April 20, 2009

Popsicle Ripoff: Mighty Minis

This past weekend I was back in Pittsburgh for my brother's senior project fundraiser event (photos and video to come) but mostly just got to hang around with the fam. On Saturday my mom offered me a popsicle with a weird smirk on her face. She pulled out a box of Popsicle Mighty Minis from the freezer. Check out the box.


Mighty Minis are a new product. They are "slow melting" and cause less mess because they are made with a hint of gelatin. They actually taste really, really good but it took me a while to notice the flavor because I was so take aback by the tiny size of the thing!


Popsicle is not joking around when they called these Mighty Minis. The entire pop is about the size of a tube of Chapstick! Seriously! Now, I'm guessing these miniature treats are made small so little kids can enjoy them, and they're "slow melt" to avoid big messes, but give me a break! Each popsicle has an almost-average sized stick and the same amount of packaging as a normal sized one. What a waste of resources, Popsicle.

Related Things: