May 15, 2009

Is Kate Gosselin's Hair the New Must-Have 'Do?

Let me preface this by saying that I LOVE Jon & Kate Plus 8 so this post comes from a place of love and humor. People.com's StyleWatch says that Kate's hair dresser get calls from women across the country who want to copy her unique coif.


photo: wire image

I mean this in the nicest way, but is she insane? OK, let me rephrase... are people who want this hairstyle insane?

I used to think that Kate's hair was kinda cute, but every season it seems like the bangs get longer and the spikes get spikier. It's a straight up reverse mullet up there and I'm terrified to see what it's going to look like when the new season of Jon & Kate Plus 8 starts on May 25.

If this 'do is catching on so quickly I wonder how long it takes before other celebs start sporting the Gosselin wave/spike? Here's my poorly constructed vision of what some of today's biggest stars might look like:


Angelina Jolie


Anne Hathaway


Barbara Walters


Britney Spears

I think the look is very becoming on Angelina Jolie, plus she already has enough kids for a reality show. Done and done.