May 4, 2009

"Number One" Keeps Amazing Racers Out of Final Three

In what will go down as one of the stupidest moves in reality show history, contestants on The Amazing Race 14 LaKisha and Jennifer missed out on their chance at a million bucks after making a pit stop at the porta-potties outside the Bird's Nest stadium in Beijing, China.

Jennifer needed to use the loo after drinking nearly four bottles of water to help her eat fried scorpions, beetle larvae, crickets and starfish in a previous challenge (ok, I don't blame her) and decided that she couldn't hold it long enough to check in with Phil first.


I think the sentiment among everyone watching last night's episode was this: If it comes down to losing out on one million dollars or peeing on yourself YOU PEE ON YOURSELF.

I don't normally write about Amazing Race but I do watch it every week and have been really enjoying this season. I cannot believe that Jennifer decided to use the john instead of check in with Phil. Her sister LaKisha was so nice about it, but I would totally disown her once we returned to the States.

Carolyn and I keep saying we want to go on Race together (I have to do all of the stunts like bungee jumping and Carolyn has to eat all the weird stuff) and I'm sorry Carolyn, but I hope you know that you would be peeing on yourself should get into a situation like this.

Did you watch Amazing Race last night? Were you as a shocked as I was? If you missed last night's episode you can watch it here.

Related Things: