June 10, 2009

Black Eyed Peas 'The E.N.D (Energy Never Dies)'

I'm not gonna lie... I don't normally legitimately buy albums anymore... I normally acquire them in some other way. But I have always been a big Black Eyed Peas fan though, so I made sure to pick up their new album The E.N.D. (Energy Never Dies) when it came out yesterday. I first got into the Peas when Fergie joined the troupe and they opened for Justin Timberlake and Christina Aguilera on the Justified/Stripped tour and have followed them ever since.

On this new disc the Peas venture into electro-hip-pop sounds that can easily be found on the first sing "Boom Boom Pow." I'll admit that I didn't like that song at first, but it gets better and better every time I hear it—much like the rest of the album. BEP still keep their signature sound alive with Will.I.am's rapping, Fergie's rap-singing and whatever it is the other two guys do, but their new tracks are infused with enough of a futurist twinge to make them fresh, funky and still relevant at the same time.

Standout tracks for me include the thumping "My Humps"esque "Imma Be", groovy-yet-lamenting "Meet Me Halfway" and "Rock That Body" which sounds like a discarded track from the last Daft Punk album (I mean that in an awesome way). Their next single "I Got A Feeling" was named one of Entertainment Weekly's Songs of the Summer and is sure to be a windows down, party up favorite.

Basically, if you like the Black Eyed Peas you NEED to pick up this album because it will have you dancing all summer.



Related Things: