June 3, 2009

Mandy Moore Live at the Highline Ballroom

Last night I went a special free showcase performance by Mandy Moore as she debuted songs from her just-released new album Amanda Leigh. It was an intimate show (I was 5 people away and was at the back of the crowd) and Mandy humbly and charmingly made her way through the short set list of new songs. Here's Mandy performing the album's first single "I Could Break Your Heart Any Day of the Week"...


Loved the casualness when she messed up and how she interacted with the crowd. She was lovely. The concert itself was a little... boring? No, boring is not the right word, but the songs on Amanda Leigh are so mellow that her stripped down versions of the tracks (she was accompanied by only a guitar and keyboard) almost mellowed me into the ground. Here are some pix of the lovely Ms. Moore (or should I say Mrs. Adams?) performing and being adorable.



Mandy Moore's new album Amanda Leigh is available now.