August 7, 2009

Summer Friday: Housewives of New Jersey watch 'The RHoNJ'

Every Friday between Memorial Day and Labor Day I'm going to be featuring "guest bloggers" as a part of my "Summer Fridays" series. Today's post is from long-time reader Riley who shares a quick and hilarious take on one of everyone's guiltiest pleasures: The Real Housewives of New Jersey.

Happy Friday, everyone! Pat has entrusted me with an entire day of his blog about things, and while I've had more than a week to plan and write this post, I've waited until the absolute last possible second to choose some THING to share with you. I contemplated a few different topics that have sprung up in my life lately, but was stopped in my tracks when I came upon a video at Funny or Die yesterday morning.


Like anyone worth knowing, I love the Bravo television network and the "Real Housewives" franchise. Whether it's Orange County, New York, Atlanta, or New Jersey, I can't get enough of the moments that make you laugh out loud, gasp in disgust, or want to high-five someone in the face. But, really, am I the only one who expected ladies of the Garden State to be a bit more trashy and entertaining? Beyond the finale's table flipping, New Jersey was probably the most boring set of housewives to date. Perhaps Bravo needs consider giving the show a bit more structure -- as in scripting -- so that it might be even a fraction as entertaining as the video below. I don't know about you, but this is what I expected out of New Jersey. The gals need to step it up!

There is a bit of cursing, but definitely worth the laughs!

Hope you were PAYIN' ATTENTION. PUHH-LEEEAZE. If you'd like to write about something just email me and you might be the next Summer Friday blogger!