August 18, 2009

Test Driving the Smart Fortwo Passion Cabriolet

This past weekend I was lucky enough to have a car in the city! The kind folks at SmartUSA lent me a Smart Fortwo Passion Cabriolet for the entire weekend so I could test it out and enjoy all of its features.


Clearly I invited Carolyn to join me as I took it for a spin. Check out the video:


I'm not getting paid to write any of this, but the little car had big perks! Friday night I drove all the way out from Manhattan to see Carolyn's new place in Forest Hills (about a 35min drive), drove around the city on Saturday and drove ALL around the place on Sunday shooting the video and the gas tank only dropped one unit. Awesome mileage.

For a tiny car there was also a lot of power. The car did shift pretty hard from first to second gear (which you do a lot in star/stop city traffic) but I was going almost 50 mph on Queens Blvd and I felt completely safe and secure. And obviously I was able to park the car in places no other cars could fit; a great plus for city drivers.

The Smart Fortwo is a serious head turner, too. I had to windows and the top down (which is the entire roof, very cool) and people were coming up and asking me questions. Tourists were taking cell phone pix. It was pretty fun.

You can get the full specs on the Smart Fortwo Passion Cabriolet from the SmartUSA website.