October 13, 2009

My Parents Were Awesome

Yes, yes, my parents were awesome, but I'm not talking about them specifically. I'm talking about a new blog called My Parents Were Awesome. From the site: Before the fanny packs and Andrea Bocelli concerts, your parents (and grandparents) were once free-wheeling, fashion-forward, and super awesome." Amen.

While I unfortunately don't have any scanned images of my own parental units, please check out some of my favorites from the site...








Love the classic photos. These parents thought they were so cool. Bet they're really glad they didn't have Facebook back then.

Speaking of technology... Do you think these romantic, candid photos are even going to exist once people of the Facebook generation become parents of adults? Or are we so used to living in the digital age where we can delete and re-shoot pix until everyone looks "cute" that the truly magical moments will be deleted to save memory card space for shots of people half hunched over and smiling?