March 19, 2010

Hasbro Made a Game Just for Me: The Game of Things!

All right, maybe they didn't design The Game of Things just for this blog, but it sure was a great fit!

Several months ago I attended a presentation for Hasbro's Family Game Night and saw The Game of Things in their list of cool games. When I mentioned that my site was about "things" they were kind enough to give me a copy of the game to try out.

The premise is simple: One person takes a turn as "the reader" and poses a statement to group such as "something you shouldn't say to your wife" or "what a cow thinks when it is being milked" and then everyone writes down an appropriate answer. The reader then collects everyone's responses and you go around the circle taking turns guessing who said what. Trust me, the explanation is much less funny than actually playing.

It took me a while to finally get a group of my friends together to play but let me tell you -- it was worth the wait. I am a big fan of board games and I think this one ranks up in my top 5 ever. It was so fun and so creative and a really interesting way to get to know more about people. Just when you think you know what someone is going to say, think again!


We played several hundred rounds

We played for a good two and half hours last Friday and the excitement never died down. I think it was specially enhanced by the alcohol we were drinking, but that only added to the insane answers people were leaving. Trust me, it's fun.

If you're a fan of board games then you need to pick up The Game of Things for your next party.