July 11, 2011

'ANTM' Alum Analeigh Tipton Featured in 'Details' Magazine

Was flipping through my latest issue of Details when a full page feature of America's Next Top Model alum (and my personal angel from heaven) Analeigh Tipton caught my eye!


Photo by Eric Ray Davidson

In the piece, Tipton is featured for her former ANTM gig, which she is now turning into a blossoming acting career with roles in The Green Hornet and the upcoming Steve Carrel flick Crazy, Stupid, Love (which we reported on last summer).

Check out the story plus more photos after the jump!

From Details.com:

Most Hollywood aspirants arrive seeking celebrity. Analeigh Tipton had to have it thrust upon her. "I moved to L.A. to write and direct," the 22-year-old actress says. "I had no intentions of being in front of the camera." But after an America's Next Top Model scout spotted her on Myspace, she became a contestant on the show and signed with Ford.

Then, last year, she landed a role in The Green Hornet and immediately took a shine to her new vocation. "When you're acting, you're a person," she says. "When you're modeling, you're a hanger. You're only as good as the shape of your ass—or lack thereof." Tipton is already a hot commodity, thanks to her breakout role in the new comedy Crazy, Stupid, Love as a gawky teenage babysitter with a crush on a married man. She just finished shooting Whit Stillman's comeback, Violet Wister's Damsels in Distress, and this fall she'll have a recurring part as a schizophrenic pimp-in-training on HBO's Hung.

"There was a long pause when I told my dad about that one," Tipton says, laughing. "But I keep saying, 'The characters I'm playing are smart.' They might not always be fully clothed, but they're smart."

Love seeing my ANTM faves actually doing stuff post-show. Have you seen any of Analeigh's movies yet? How do you think she will do on-screen? Leave a comment!