August 3, 2004

Back to the grind

Well, I'm back from vacation and back to work at Titan Radio. I guess when you DJ all summer being on air is like riding a bike, cos after my 2nd talk break I was back in the groove. Fort Lauderdale was GREAT and Chicago was so cool! It was the farthest South and West I'd ever been! I noticed billboards and posters for The Chicago NBC affiliate CH. 7 EVERYWHERE there. It made me think of the movie Anchorman, which is hilarious. It was a simple shot of their top 5 talents standing on the set. Their faces just had this look of success, and each time I look at them I realized how hard each of those faces worked to get to be a top anchor in a HUGE market. Kinda neat.

I read this article about how people spend even MORE time on media than ever before, and it's because they multitask and take in many sources at once. The article says that 30% of MTV viewers are online at the same time they watch TV. I think that's definitely true. It creeps me out of I don't have the radio, TV, or music on the in background. Right now I'm typing online, with 3 different windows open and have the radio on in the background. People want their media now now NOW!

This week I'm just getting back into the flow of the DJ thing. We have a large remote this weekend with the New Wilmington Community Arts & Heritage Festival *catches breath* We're doing remotes Friday, Saturday, and Sunday; showing off our Cable 9 truck (which doesn't have anything to do with 89FM, really) and just getting the word out about the NEW Titan Radio! It's going to be a good opportunity for us to reach new listeners. The pool party was a feel good event, but the Festival will reach the older audience who can listen at work.

I can't believe classes begin in less than a month... I am not ready.