March 11, 2005

The Week with Dance Theatre

This week in broadcasting was pretty much non-existent because of Dance Theatre. I did, however, have the morning show with Megan (or Morgan, as she said on air) on Monday, did the radio news on Tuesday and Thursday with Liz (Thursday was really good!) I wasn't involved at all with The County Line this week because of Dance, but I heard the show went REALLY well! Maybe I should always take Thursdays off! Haha.

Dance Theatre is going really well! Last night was opening night and that show was fantastic! The audience was really interested in the show and I think the MCing really helped to move the show along. I got a lot of really positive comments about the dance I choreographed, which was really nice. The most comments were about how this year's dance style was so different from my usual stuff. That makes me really happy because that's exactly what I was going for! My Grandma and two cousins came to see the show last night and I have more family coming to the other shows. Two more shows on the way! Wish me luck!

The interview with NBC is coming up faster than I can handle! Once Dance is over I have to get my butt in gear and prepare for the next few weeks. For the interview I need to have an updated resume, a transcript, and a list of professional references. I'm gonna have to get that stuff ready before break. I'm leaving for San Diego to visit my cousin next Friday. I will return the Thursday before Easter, then head to NYC on Monday with my interview on Tuesday. I won't actually make it back to Westminster until Thursday! Don't miss me too much!

I found an article from the Toronto Star saying that they believe at the rate newspapers are losing circulation, the last reader is expected to croak in April 2040. That's a pretty big deal if you think about it. Looks like all those newspaper editors better start looking for new jobs or get online!