June 2, 2005

Apparently I need headshots... for EVERYTHING

This week has been pretty busy. I'm working on everything for my NBC interview next Wednesday. I visited Kinkos and talked to a lovely lady named Pat about the project that I want to do. Turns out it will only cost me like $3 a piece to make the DVD booklets and covers... I want to make 10 of them, so I think I can fork over some cash. I already wrote up the booklet and everything... just gotta take it in and make some copies. I think this is gonna be a good presentation!

I'm excited for this trip to NYC because the business end of it isn't until the last day, so the first 4 days are strictly for fun! I think I'm going to check out the Jersey Shore, see a show (I haven't done that the last 3 times I was there) and just enjoy the city! If I end up living there I might as well check out all the city has to offer.

Every few days I check out CraigsList.org to look for any interesting job openings or apartments for rent in New York. Today I was looking at what other type of jobs were open, like bartenders and waitstaff, and almost every place wanted some sort of photo or headshot with your application. Looks like things are just as superficial as you may have already thought. I have headshots already from my ProScout adventure last year, but it's interesting that they need it so you can serve dinner to people. Get used to it, I guess!

I am waiting to hear back from the TV and radio stations that I applied to last week. The biggest one that I'm waiting for is WENY in Elmira, NY. That's Melissa Batulis's station and she personally passed on my tape to their News Director last week. Hopefully this will give me a bit of a edge in the application process... because it's all about who you know! Wish me luck.

I'll update you on my NBC situation when I get back next Thursday! Until then...