September 23, 2005

It's been a while, but a lot has happened!

Work is going great! I can now safely say that I am out of my 2 month funk! I have been totally busy at work and loving every second of it! Orientation is going great. Elana and Rob are my protege pages and they're pretty sweet, I'm not gonna lie. I'm definitely excited about the fact that I'm getting to show everyone my skills outside of giving tours. I think everyone is noticing my level of responsibility, organization and creativity. Hopefully this little assignment will set me up for bigger ones in the future.

I had a great opportunity to shadow Joe Michael, the direct of Today on Wednesday. It was totally awesome! I got in at 6am and met with Joe and the rest of the control room crew. They were all awesome and a hoot! Joe gave me some great advice and It was really fun to follow him around and see what he does during the show. He was impressed by how much I knew about running a live show, which is definitely a good thing! I'm setting up a future interview with him so I can get some more information about him and his job. As a bonus, I got to get very close to Al Roker, Ann Curry and Katie Couric. I didn't get to meet any of them, but I was within 4 feet of each. (Sorry Dad, I'll tell Katie to wear pantyhose next time!)

Shadowing Today will hopefully open some new doors. I applied to be the Green Room Page in the next month. I would LOVE the position and many of the other Pages said I'd be perfect for the job! We'll see how it goes. If I get the job I would be responsible for running celebrities from the green room to the set, getting newspapers and scripts for the talent, and keeping everyone happy and energized in the morning. Good thing I'm a morning person, cos I'd have to be there at 5am! Ok, I think it's bad luck for me to post about applying for assignments because later that day I find out I didn't get them. I'll only post AFTER I get them from now on.

I don't have an apartment yet. That's all I have to say about that.

Celeb sitings of the week: Katie Couric, Ann Curry, Al Roker, Matt Lauer, Brian Williams, Chris Matthews, Carter Osterhouse (Trading Spaces), Melissa (the first person fired on The Apprentice) and Stephen King! It was a good week!