March 8, 2006

I'm on fire!

The Page Program is like a rollercoaster, I swear! Just when I started to kinda doubt everything and wonder about my future I get like 10 new assignments. Well not, 10... only 2. As you can see from previous posts my SNL assignment rocks. I actually wasn't the first person chosen for this new assignment, but the person who just got it got a real job so I stepped up to take over.

The new assignment is with NBC News Media. Basically that is all the PR for all of our news programs and talent ranging from the Today Show to Dateline and Hardball. My main job is to keep and eye on all of the days publications like newspapers, magazines and websites and flag the individual publicists when their client comes up. I have to look everywhere from the New York Times (to find articles about GE executives and takeovers) to the tabloids (in case people want to know who Katie Couric's dating!)

It's a big change from my position at Late Night, but it's definitely good experience and an excellent assignment to have on my resume. In my first two days I've already spoken to some big-name producers, Al Roker and David Gregory (who said, "have her call me at the White House.) Not bad... It's a little slower moving than my last gig, and the hours are a lot longer (7am to 7pm, YIKES!) but at least the pay will make it all worth it. Ahh, greed. Makes my uncle Jim proud.

Speaking of the family, I have to give a quick shout out to my cousins Corey and Luke as they welcomed a new baby boy into the family this weekend. My second cousin Grissom Matthew Sager was born on Sunday! Welcome to the family. *end mushy family section*