June 11, 2006

Long Time, No Blog

It's been a long time since I made an update, but not too much has been going on. I've mostly been giving tours of NBC while looking for jobs in the downtime. I was lucky enough to be the only Page to work Katie Couric's farewell party after her last broadcast on TODAY. It was a beautiful Wednesday afternoon and the venue was stunning. The party was on a rooftop of a nearby building in Rockefeller Center. It had grass and a wading pond and a beautiful view of St. Patrick's Cathedral. They also shot a scene from Spiderman up there.

Of course I had my camera with me to take pictures of the event. I was mostly taking pictures of the area and the venue, but at the end I was lucky enough to get a picture with Katie. (She asked me if I wanted one! I didn't ask her!) I know some of my relatives will barf when they read this, but I'm proud of Katie. She's done so much in her 15 years on TODAY. Much like some older folks feel a special connection with Dan Rather or Tom Brokaw, Katie Couric has been on my television screen since I was 8 years old. I'm going to miss her!

The job hunt sucks, but it's not really that bad I guess. Most recently I interviewed for a job as a talent assistant on The Ellen DeGeneres Show. The position was here in New York and my interview went really, really well, but they decided to go with someone else. I know the person that got it and I'm really happy for them. On to the next one...

I'm still trying to get a back in for a second interview with MTV. My goal for this week is to get back in there and get the job. At this point I'm almost ready to ask, "So what do I have to do to get this job?" Desperate? Maybe. Haha.

I still have a few other leads that aren't really worth writing about at this point, but I'll keep you updated as I find out some more info . I'm going to start to looking into jobs at CNBC. It's not necessarily the first place I would think of work, but there are a lot of great openings, and it's a place to gain some great experience.

I'm headed to Boston for my cousin Jay and future-cousin Kate's wedding. It's going to be great to see all of my family in one place, and get out of New York for a bit. Now if only I could get a trip to the beach in there...