February 5, 2007

The Coldest Day Ever

Today was the coldest day ever. Actually, I'm sure there have been days colder than this, but today was definitely the coldest day in 2007 so far. When I woke up I turned on the Today Show like I do every morning and checked out the bug in the bottom right hand corner. The graphic said it was 9 degrees out. I didn't believe it. I was sure there was some short of typo or error. Unfortunately, I realized that the graphic was correct when my face instantly froze and cracked off after a few seconds outside. I'm telling you, had someone flicked my ear they would have been able to take it home with them.

Shifting gears, I've been updating my resume lately and just trying to make it the best it can be. I'm finding it really hard to decide what to remove and what to leave on as I update. I'm thinking about making one large resume (and not removing anything) and then putting it together on a case-by-case basis in the future so I can gear it towards the position at hand. I just never know what potential employers are looking for and what till turn on (or turn off) someone who's reviewing my resume.

In other career-related news, I'm learning that it's never too soon or too late to start your rolodex. Every person that I've interacted with in college or in my career has the potential to help me out in the future. I'm surprised that it's taken me this long to actually realize that I should be saving the phone and email for anyone I talk to at work. I've always known that keeping up with my contacts was important, but now more than ever I'm seeing some of that support come through.

And in non-career-related news, Saturday Night Live had a great episode this past weekend with Drew Barrymore and Lily Allen. My favorite sketch was The Dakota Fanning Show. A pretty hilarious look (and great impersonation) of what this well-spoken teenager would be like ask the host of her own show. Take a watch from NBC and Youtube.com