March 12, 2007

Bienvenido a Miami

It was 14 degrees in New York City last Thursday and was wearing shorts and a t-shirt... that's because I wasn't in New York City; I was in Miami! Carolyn and I decided to scrape together our funds and escape the concrete jungle for the white sandy beaches of South Beach. We had been talking about taking a fun vacation for a while, but it finally all came together last weekend. Let me tell you... I couldn't have had a better time.

It was around 80 degrees the entire trip and nothing but sun sun sun! We really only had 3 things on the agenda for the trip:

1. Lay on the beach all day and get fried: check!


2. Eat delicious food: success!

3. Drink refreshing cocktails: mission accomplished!

The scenery was amazing and every single person that was saw was gorgeous. I guess that's what happens when you live in beautiful, sunny weather for 12 months a year. We didn't miss all the skinny, jaded New Yorkers in their all-black outfits that much. On our way to the beach one morning we passed the tattoo parlor featured on the TLC show Miami Ink. It's a lot smaller in person than on TV, but what isn't? (Don't worry, Moms, we didn't get any ink... yet!)

It was an awesome and relaxing vacation. What a bummer to come back to the colder weather and grey sidewalks of the city. Might have to start saving up for another vacation in the future. I'll leave you with some additional photos while I go put lotion on my quickly-peeling nose. Adios!