July 28, 2008

Seamless Web

I don't know what it is, but I have never really like calling and order for takeout. Ordering a pizza is no problem, but for whatever reason I also feel weird calling and ordering food. Maybe it's because half the time I'm afraid the non-English-speaking person on the other end will mess it up (sorry, but it's true) but part of me is also just kind of lazy.

That's the beauty of Seamless Web. Seamlessweb.com is a website that many a New Yorker is familiar with, and if you're not you should bookmark it immediately. Seamless Web lets you order food online from hundreds of participating restaurants, pay online and never speak to another living person... at least until the delivery guy shows up. I guess you could just make him slide your order under the door, but that's mildly creepy. Anyway...

Seamless Web is now available in a bunch of major cities across the US, and even in London! Tres Internationale! The service is fast and reliable and you can customize everything about your order, including your condiments and sides. It's just like ordering from the restaurant, except it's all on the site, so you can forget about having incorrect orders or mistakes, because it's all spelled out. The one thing that I had to get used to was feeling confident that my order made it to the restaurant. Even though they have never once messed up my order, you have to have faith that what you typed into the computer will make it's way through the universe to its destination. It always works, but... y'know.

Have you ever tried Seamless Web? What did you think?


Related Things: