October 10, 2008

Kath & Kim Makes Me Sad

I don't want to write a long post about this, but did you watch the first episode of Kath & Kim last night? If not check it out:



I really, really wanted to like Kath & Kim. I love Molly Shannon and I really like Selma Blair, but the pilot just wasn't doing it for me. *sad face* I felt like the first episode didn't really set up anything, and featured Kath and Kim walking around wearing crazy outfits and saying outrageous things without actually being crazy or outrageous. They weren't trainwreck-y enough or something. And I know it was the first episode, but I don't feel like there was any depth to either of them.

I also felt like Shannon and Blair were acting themselves to DEATH! It was as if just before the director said "action" they both agreed to act their characters straight into the ground! Like the SNL sketches of John Lovitz and Phil Hartman saying, "ACTING! ACTING!" over and over again.

I do have a a special place in my heart for Kath, though, as my mom's name is Kathy and they have the same haircut. That's where the similarities end... or at least I pray. I'll give Kath & Kim a few more episodes before I decide to make a full-season commitment, but I hope it gets a lot funnier.

Kath & Kim airs at 9:30 on Thursdays on NBC

Did you watch Kath & Kim? What did you think?

Related Things: