September 7, 2009

How Media Has Changed In the Last 5 Years

I woke up really early yesterday and just happened to catch this piece by Jeff Greenfield from CBS News about media convergence. It's a really interesting look at not only how we use media, but how information has been condensed into one, universal format.


Watch CBS Videos Online

I guess I forget how rapidly things have changed since 2004... being endlessly connected. Interesting to think about how the Internet has changed the world. I remember when my family first got online, which will be for my generation what "I remember when we got color TV" was for my parents.

And the conversations about news papers and magazines ceasing to exist is on going. Will people still pick up a copy of the daily news when they can just read it online for free? Or will paper versions be completely phased out in a generation?

What do you think?