March 22, 2011

Photographer Recreates Childhood Photos with Amazing Accuracy

In Cycle 13 of America's Next Top Model one of the girls' photo shoots involved transforming a childhood photo into a high fashion adaptation. Since I am such a big ANTM fan I was immediately attracted to the photos of artist Irina Werning.


In her photo set called "Back to the Future" Werning not only recreated her subjects' childhood pictures, but replicated them to an amazing degree of accuracy. Take a look at some of my favorite photos (click to enlarge):








How fun are these photos? I love that not only are the subjects often in exactly the same location as the original, but Werning was able to recreate the same tone and aged effects in her prints. I really love the hipstomatic app for my iPhone, but I'm sure she used something a little more specific. You can see all the "Back to the Future" photos here.

Perhaps I can commission Irina to do an update of this photo of me and my mom!