May 17, 2011

People Watching on West 4th Street

This past Sunday was a muggy and rainy day here in New York City, so I spent the majority of the day inside. Luckily, by late afternoon the sidewalks dried up and I got to venture out and get some fresh air. After walking through the neighborhood I wound up sitting down for an iced coffee and panini at Cafe Minerva in the West Village.

I guess I wasn't the only one who ran outside once the weather cleared up, because there so many interesting people passing by the cafe window. There were so many, in fact, that I decided to turn on my iPhone camera to capture the experience.

So, if you can't make it out today to sit in a cafe and sip a cool drink take a few minutes to look out a virtual window on West 4th street in NYC.


I especially love watching people's various paces as they pass by the cafe. Some are strolling casually and holding hands, some are walking briskly with a purpose, there's even a girl rushing into the brownstone across the street. Kinda nice, right?

Happy people watching!