September 11, 2011

Remembering 9/11

Today is a day of remembrance for America as we recall the events that took place on September 11, 2001.

I was a freshman in college in the middle of Amish country in Pennsylvania on 9/11, but having lived in New York City for the past six years I have interacted with, befriended and worked alongside countless individuals who each share amazing and heart-wrenching stories from that day.

My employer, iVillage.com, asked the staff members to shoot short videos recalling where we were and what we were doing on 9/11. This is my video.


My story is not nearly as emotional as those who were in the city -- or near the World Trade Center -- on that day, which you can watch at iVillage.com/remembering911.

I hope everyone takes time today to be with the ones that they love and call the ones who they can't be with in person.