August 18, 2004

The end is near!

The end of summer, that is...

It looks like Western PA is a great place to pick up stars for reality shows! Here's my story from the 4pm News:

PS- MaryAnn called, she wants her look back!Another local woman is looking to out wit, out play, and out last other contestants on a popular reality show. 25-year-old Dolly Neely of Mercer will star on the next season of Survivor. Neely was born in Clarion and now is a shepherdess to 40 sheep on her 90-acre farm in Mercer. Along with taking care of her sheep, Neely enjoys outdoor activities like water skiing, mountain biking, hunting and trapping. She’s also a member of the National Rifle Association. Survivor Vanuatu – The Islands of Fire is set in the South Pacific and will premiere on September 16th at eight P-M on C-B-S.


This week has been fairly normal for me. Just donig my DJ thing in the afternoon and doing the 4pm news live. It's working out well and getting me geared up for the rest of the staff to come back. I'm getting several new stories each day and updating ones from days past, which was the goal of having a live 4pm newscast. Tandi has been doing "live" drops from the Lawrence County Fair and they sound EXCELLENT! That girls works harder than anyone I know!

In just over a week I'm going to Columbus for my ProScout interview with the agents. I have to take some photographs of myself to show them, plus work on a monologue to perform in front of the talent agents. I'm not getting my hopes up too much for this event, but hopefully something great will come from it; if not a contract, then at least experience.

Mr. Weaver and I have been talking up lots of ideas for this season of The County Line. I think it's going to be a great year, despite my earlier apprehension. This whole semester is going to be CRAMMED with extracurricular activities, rather than class work... but I don't it too much.