September 2, 2004

40 Weeks, huh?

So today in Capstone we figured out that we have 40 weeks of college left... yikes!

This week has been pretty crazy getting back into swing of things. We had a radio, radio news, and morning show meeting. I'm having The County Line meeting on Monday. This week I've been getting everything squared away so I can figure out my schedule and figure out when I'm gonna have free time to work on packages and also do work for my other non-(important)broadcasting classes.

I'm starting to reevaluate my goals as a broadcaster and what I want to accomplish this year. My focus is definitely going in two directions... I guess I have foci. *nerd alert* Part of me needs to focus on my reporting/producing/directing role for The County Line and the other part wants to focus on the "talent" portion of radio and getting better so I can get a job.

My ProScout experience was really great, even though I didn't get any contracts or anything. I was number 889, so I thought I would have some extra luck but nope. Haha. I got some REALLY nice head shots and modeling shots taken of me that I can use for future auditions and things like that. There were about 50 talent/modeling/acting agents there and it was a busy weekend. It basically went like this. Saturday was all workshops and speakers... they were all really good and very informative. I did my acting monologue infront of this hollywood acting coach named Chambers Stevens and he REALLY liked me and so that meant I got to audition in front of the agents on Sunday. Sunday morning I walked the runway in front of the agents, showed them my pictures, and then did my monologue. I didn't get any call backs, but it was a really worthwhile experience and I definitely learned a lot.

I was checking out IWantMedia.com and found a story about how the Fox Network is saying that they're completely unbiased. The problem came up because critics are saying that the Network is devoting too much time to the Republican National Convention vs. the DNC. Fox is generally described as a Republican/Conservative network.

Me and my blog are friends.