September 15, 2004

Blogging will make you blind?!

This week has been crazy as always in the world of Westminster Broadcasting. I edited my flood package in just under 2 hours, which is good considering I was constantly being interrupted. I think it turned out really good for my first REAL news package. It's a little dated, but the package in itself is nice.

The County Line starts tomorrow... I'm kinda nervous because it's the first one of the year and we have a lot of new staff members. No sweat, though... everyone's really dedicated and excited! We'll have to see how it turns out.

I'm going to have to craft my senior project idea ASAP so I can start working on it. I have a few ideas, but I'm not exactly sure what I want to do. I've been updating the Radio News website, so there's a few options with that, but I'm probably going to find something that's a little easier- something I already do anyway.

On a personal note, I got a pretty big part in the musical this year! We're doing "Kiss Me, Kate" and I got the part of Paul, who is the assistant to the lead guy, and I get to sing a REALLY cool jazzy song called "Too Darn Hot." It's a show stopper *sunglasses face* I'm nervous to sing in front of everyone! Looks like I'll have to do some convincing acting! Haha.

Looking at IWantMedia.com, I found an article called Blogging Off Daily Can Make You Blind which I thought was amusing. It talked about how blogging is a new form of journalism and a lot of people are getting in to it. I guess out Capstone class is ahead of the trend!