September 28, 2004

Senior Project Proposal

As I've said before in my career is sort of up in the air right now. I'm not sure if I want to work in TV or radio, but I do know that I would like to move towards the entertainment/producing side of the business rather than news. I can do news, but it's not where my heart lies.

I want to work my television producing as well as talent skills. I want to work on my radio DJ skills as well as creating professional and exciting promos for Titan Radio. Here are my proposed ideas:

Telvision Producer
  • Produce and execute at least one clean, exciting show that has great audience appeal and flows from block to block.
  • Complete this show this semester, as to include in on a television resume tape.
  • Complete this show in time to enter it into a local college broadcasters competition, such as the PAB or PCTVA.
Television Reporter/Talent
  • Produce, write, and report at least 2 compelling, interesting, and topical packages for The County Line this year.
  • Complete these packages this semester, as to include them on a TV resume tape.
  • Complete these packages in time to enter into a local college broadcasters competition, such as the PAB or PCTVA.
Radio Promotions Creator
  • Create no less than 3 exciting, clean, and professional radio promos for different activities on campus.
  • Create promos for Titan Radio, The County Line or other organizations on campus.
  • Will coordinate with Program Director Tandi Lane to find appropriate promos
  • Complete promos in time to enter in competitions.
Radio Disk Jockey
  • Create a clean, professional and exciting radio resume tape to submit to commercial stations for job applications.
  • Perform DJ shifts with enthusiasm and professionalism and aircheck them for resume tape.
  • Prepare resume tape this semester to have ready for job applications after the holiday break.
All of these projects will be on-going due to preset radio and television participation, but the TV Producer goal will be known a week before the show is set to air so that appropriate preparation can take place. All of these projects should be completed, if not edited as well, by the end of the Fall semester 2004.