October 22, 2004

A much-needed break

I'm home a Fall break right now and loving it. Even though I'm not supposed to have to do any work, I'm doing it anyway! I can't help but think about all the stuff I have going on that's brewing in the back of my mind!

This week in broadcasting has been pretty easy because it was only a 3-day week. Megan and I had a REALLY good morning show on Monday. Great info and great talk breaks between us. I had a good shift on Wednesday, too. I'm ready to get everything ready for The County Line this week. We lost some prep time, but we have a full week to prepare for the show so hopefully things will go well. I also went to AV services and got dubs of 3 shows so that I can go back and critique everyone's performance. I think that feedback is necessary, since when you're actually taping a show you don't get to really see anything, it's just chaos and screaming... at least on my party, anyway! Haha! I'm also going to start hunkering down on my senior project because I took on a lot of different tasks that I need to get done before Winter break.

In the career search I haven't done too much this week. I turned 22 yesterday (I'M SO OLD!) and I officially feel like an adult! I've actually been having dreams lately about what my future will be. The more and more I think about it, I just want to move as soon as I graduate. I want a job really bad, too. I definitely think it's going to be a gametime decision on what I do. May is still kinda far off... or at least I'll pretend.

I found this article saying Viacom's Nickelodeon Channel will pay $1 million and the Disney's ABC Family Channel will turn over $500,000 to resolve "potential violations" found during Federal Communications Commission audits conducted in the last quarter of 2003. Now, is it just me or is the FCC just blasting EVERYONE lately?! I know that there's a call to turn the "indecency" on TV right now around, but it seems like they're just looking for chances to hand out fines.