February 11, 2005

The Week with My Last Producing Shift

This week is broadcasting was a little bitter-sweet. I produced my last full edition of The County Line. Starting next week the producing class will take over indivual producer roles for the show, packages, County CloseUp, and 88.9 on The County Line. It's a little sad for me to think that I won't be in full control of the show anymore, but it's time to let go! I still get to be Executive Producer now, so I can change things that I don't like, but after almost 2 years of being the producer, it's a little sad! The good thing to come out of it is the fact that I will have a lot more free time to work on things that I need to get a job and things like that. I need to work on my resumes, tapes, and CDs. I want to make the following resumes: TV News Reporting/Anchoring, TV Producing, Radio News, Radio DJ. I also want to make resume CDs/Tapes for those categories as well as a dance and theatre resume. You never know when I'll need to put it to use!

The career search is a little stalled right now. I'm still looking for some openings. Just casually looking every day. Melissa Batulis sent us a tip about a possible reporter job opening at the station where she works in NY. I don't necessarily want to be a reporter, but I know that I am qualified to do it, and after May I will pretty much take any job that comes my way! A guy's gotta eat!!! I'm still waiting to hear back from the Page Program. I'm going to get in contact with someone if I don't hear anything by Monday. Quick shout out: Liz Farry is headed to NYC this weekend to interview with the Weekend Today Show in NYC. Do I smell a new roommate if we both end up there?! I think I do!

I found an article about the recent team up between MTV and McDonalds. "The collaboration will start with a 30-minute monthly programme called MTV Advance Warning that will feature new musical talent combined with McDonald's advertising imagery. " Read it! McDonalds is everywhere!!!