March 25, 2005

My Resume Tape(s) Outline

Right now I have my resume updated and fine-tuned specifically for my interview with NBC on Tuesday. I have worked on it over and over again and like to change it accordingly.

I would like to create a few new resume tapes/CDs to send out to potential employers in the future. The would possibly include:

Reporting & Anchoring
The tape would show my ability to:
  • Tell a compelling, enterprising and interesting story
  • Connect with and relate to an audience
  • Communicate with viewers and show comfort in front of the camera
Producing
This tape would focus on my ability to:
  • Produce a topical, entertaining and professional local news magazine show
  • Produce packages, studio interviews and live events
  • Use knowledge of producing for TV and radio news and apply it to other formats and genres including entertainment TV and radio, dance and live events and shows.
Radio News/DJ
This would show how I can:
  • Commuicate news and information to an audience
  • Relate to listeners and appeal to their interests
  • Produce newscasts, as well as entertainment segments

Dance/Performance/Acting
This tape is optional, but showcase my ability to:
  • Choreograph original and entertaining pieces of dance/movement
  • Cross over styles and types of music and dance to fit the needed piece
  • Organize many types of performances including large and small numbers of performers
  • Take on hosting and acting roles with varied topics, attitudes and moods
All of these resume materials will be completed by May on a need-to-have basis. Ideally, I would like to have all of them completed and ready to go so that I am able to hand them out at a moment's notice. I would also like to incorporate them into my Senior Presentation during the Broadcast Commuications Festival on April 25th. Looks like it's time to get started!