April 1, 2005

The Week with "The Interview"

This week in broadcasting wasn't filled with much activity on campus, mostly because I wasn't on campus until late Wednesday night! I was in New York from Monday to Wednesday and had a really nice time with my mom and brother. Once I got back to campus things went as normal. I produced and anchored the news with Liz on Thursday afternoon and directed The County Line like usual. The show was all right... not one of the best, by far.

The career search saw my first interview for an actual post-graduation job! I had my interview for the Page Program at NBC on Tuesday morning. The interview went really well. It was about 30min long the guy who inteviewed me asked me some really good questions. Basically why I would make a good page and what I thought he was looking for in a page. I learned more about the actual program, and also came to the decision that I'm definitely not going to put all of my eggs in one basket. I'm going to start aggressively looking for jobs both in the area in elsewhere. I also learned the importance of having contacts in various markets. I know that is something that I need to work on because it will definitely benefit me in the future. I probably wouldn't even have gotten the NBC interview had I not been put in contact with Nikki.

I found an article on IWantMedia.com about Ted Koppel leaving ABC. It seems like all the major anchors are leaving the big networks. More openings for me, I guess!