April 18, 2005

The Week When I was Job Crazy

This week in broadcasting was pretty good! Pat & Megan in the Morning was great! Only 2 show left after this morning! That's kinda sad, considering we've been a team for three years now! Megan and I are working on a new promo about our show ending. Liz and I were hardcore radio news producers, too. I anchored The County Line last week with Mike Wolenski, and we officially called it "the man show" edition since there was no live female talent on the show. Sorry, ladies! I'm working on my resume tapes and cover letters and have pretty much been job crazy.

My senior presentation is on Monday, April 25th at 7:30pm. I'm going to be working a lot this week on preparing my slideshow so my presentation is both memorable and fun!

My career search was pretty productive this week. I got another call from NBC, and they have invited me back for a second interview!!! It was a pretty nice way to start the weekend! No date is set as of yet, but they'll call me back with more information when they get it. I'm definitely not sitting on that chance though- I sent out a big batch of applications and tapes, and plan on doing the same thing this week. So far I have applied to the follow places:

Radio:
WHUD Beacon, NY
WBLI West Babylon, NY

Television:
WFMZ Allentown, PA
WFMJ Youngstown, OH
WPGH Pittsburgh, PA
WTRF Wheeling, WV
MTV Networks New York, NY

I have a STACK of job openings sitting next to me, and I'm planning on applying to all those places this week. This week is Greek Week here, so I'm very busy with that as well. I'm choreographing Theta Chi's Sing & Swing routine, so that will keep me very busy until Saturday, but hopefully we'll bring home our 6th win in a row!

I found an article on Yahoo!News about the future of television on your cell phone! Apparently "cellphone users in a number of countries including France, Italy, Norway, Finland and the United States can now watch real-time TV broadcasts and it is also due to roll out in Asia as well. " What will be next?