April 8, 2005

The Week with a Arts Career Fair

This week in broadcasting was pretty productive! I had radio news on Tuesday and Thursday, and I anchored The County Line with Shannon McClain Thursday night. We had some really great intros and transitions between stories and Mr. Weaver said the writing was really good overall! Go us! I will anchor the show 2 more times before I graduate! How sad? :-(

The career search is in overdrive right now! This week I have been applying to a lot of different places all over the country. I applied for a morning show position in Bend, Oregon and a DJ spot in New York. I plan on sending my stuff to WTRF in West Virginia for an anchor/reporter position and to other stations around the Pittsburgh area. I would also like to send my stuff to ChannelOne news.

Pat and KirstanAs a part of the career search, I attended an Arts Career Fair in Cranberry Twp. and got to talk one on one with some media and performing arts professionals. I still don't know what I want to do, but at least I know what options are out there.

I found article on IWantMedia.com about Time Warner Cable buying out the bankrupt Adelphia Cable system. Check it out. Adelphia is our local carrier and I wonder if this new ownership will affect the local broadcasts of The County Line! Uh oh!