June 23, 2005

From no job to several jobs!

When it rains it pours is the saying, and I guess that's true for me, anyway! I got my NBC job and called them today to see when I start. They won't need me until August at the earliest which is PERFECT! Now I can move with Bob in August, which is exactly what we were hoping for. So now that I have a time frame on the position I need to start looking for some part time work to save up in the meantime. I applied for a position with Cranberry Township for an Administrative Assistant for Communications/Special Events. Basically writing newsletters, emails, and preparing PR stuff for various events. Not too bad, just waiting to hear back from them. I'm also going to look into a serving or bartending job at night. That's the fastest way to make money if you ask me!

It's all about who you know nowadays... My mom actually just called me while I was posting this and said she got me a job with her company CDR Associates. It's a CPA based healthcare financial consulting firm (like I know what that is) but they need some help designing their training materials and some pamphlets and things like that, so I have to go in tomorrow and talk with my mom and her partner about the job, then I start on Monday! Things are really moving quickly for me!

I feel really proud of all of my fellow capstoners! As of today 7 out of 10 of us have jobs very closely related to broadcasting, and the other 3 have a steady job or high prospects in the future. Rock on guys. Let's call Rick Sebak and tell him about the 7 hardest months of our lives... more like 7 weeks, if that. Rock on, Westminnies!