February 25, 2007

Art, Free Pizza and Chicken Noodle Soup

It was a very interesting weekend for me and I have to admit that I liked the change of pace. On Saturday afternoon my friend Pierce invited a few of us to check out The Armory Show at Pier 94. It's basically a giant art display from galleries all over the world where people can buy and sell their art. I really haven't even been to any other exhibit like it before. The line outside was at least an hour long, but luckily we had an "in" so we walked right in the door. There were definitely some really weird pieces, but it was nice to feel like I was doing something somewhat cultural for once.

Here's some pictures I took:


I came back home and took a nap (obviously) and got ready to head out with my good friend, Kelly and her crew. We took the L to Brooklyn and met some of her friends at the most amazing bar I've ever visited. It's called the Alligator Lounge and everyone who orders a drink gets a free pizza. Ya! No joke. I can't really think of a smarter marketing device than that. We stayed there for quite some time enjoying our beverages and pizzas and then headed back into the city around 1am.

The L train isn't the most reliable or fastest train in the city and it was pretty empty by the time we got on board. The only other people on the train was this group of urban girls who clearly were having just as much fun as we were on their own. Both of our groups were being a little rowdy but having fun. Flashback to a few hours earlier when we were having a conversation about "Chicken Noodle Soup" and the dance that goes along with it. Unfortunately Kelly made the mistake of shouting, in extreme whitegirl fashion, "Oh! THAT'S what chicken noodle soups is?!" on the train and the group of girls went nuts! Somewhere in the chaos of laughter and taunting a dance off was started between our friend Allie and one of the girls. We were lucky enough to catch the madness on video. Please watch this amazing video and learn that a white girl from Michigan in a herringbone pea coat should never have a dance off with anyone.