March 14, 2007

Pets and the City

I don't have a pet here in the city, but I am a little bit jealous of people who do. I definitely miss my dumb dog, Grommit, back home in PA so it would be nice to have a little companion here in the apartment. Unfortunately, I'm not willing to be one of those people walking around with a plastic bag picking up doody off the sidewalk. Props to the people who could do it, but I'm not one of them.

I admire the people that are able to have pets in NYC. My family can attest to the fact that I am definitely not the best pet owner. I had a turtle that froze to death in its water dish (don't ask,) a guinea pig that caught pneumonia (again, don't ask,) and so many flushed fish that I lost count. I think it would be fun to have a little dog running around and to take for walks, but sometimes I forget to feed myself so I wouldn't want to do that to man's best friend.

I'm a little jealous when people get to go shopping for their pets and buy them cool toys or new collars and stuff. It's like having a kid that won't grow up and take all your money. My friend Eric happens to be a graphic designer for an upscale pet supply boutique in Philadelphia. I have to admit that sometimes I just want to squish little dogs wearing hoodies or prom dresses and stuff like that, but SniffnFetch.com has some cute and cool stuff for doggies.

All you pet lovers out there should check out their website, and if you don't have a pet you should look at it anyway because you know you're just avoiding doing work.